Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
notebook 15-bs009ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

form last weak, when my laptop isnt pluged in, it automatically turns off when battery comes on 40% or near that without even warning me like it did earlier on 20% that battery is running low. today it did it on 60%. it doesnt even hybernates like it did when it was normal if the charging was very low. it turns off like if you hold the power button for sometime and your pc turns off making a sound like "TUK". its becoming impossible to use my pc on battery power. all the time i have to plug it in and use it. i also loose my work when it automatically turns off

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Hamza_laptop15,

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter or battery?

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check the BIOS (F.34 and later) to confirm the setting is set to Full Charge, if it is not, change the BIOS setting to Full Charge.

Power on the unit.
Press F10 to enter the BIOS.
Select the Power option. 

Full Charge: The battery charge stops at 91~100%. 
Extended Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 76~80%. 
Optimize Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 46~50%. 

Save changes and exit the BIOS.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, upgrade the BIOS to version F.42 (sp95307). 

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Remove the AC adapter and discharge battery capacity to 10 percent or lower.
Re-connect the AC adapter and check if the battery can be charged to 95 to 100 percent (95 to 100% is normal).
If upgrading to F.45 does not fix the issue, replace the battery.
If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue, follow the standard repair process to get the issue resolved.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Lastly, try running a battery test from the F2 system diagnostics page and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Hamza_laptop15,

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter or battery?

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Please try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check the BIOS (F.34 and later) to confirm the setting is set to Full Charge, if it is not, change the BIOS setting to Full Charge.

Power on the unit.
Press F10 to enter the BIOS.
Select the Power option. 

Full Charge: The battery charge stops at 91~100%. 
Extended Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 76~80%. 
Optimize Life of Battery Pack: The battery charge stops at 46~50%. 

Save changes and exit the BIOS.

If the above steps do not fix the issue, upgrade the BIOS to version F.42 (sp95307). 

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Remove the AC adapter and discharge battery capacity to 10 percent or lower.
Re-connect the AC adapter and check if the battery can be charged to 95 to 100 percent (95 to 100% is normal).
If upgrading to F.45 does not fix the issue, replace the battery.
If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue, follow the standard repair process to get the issue resolved.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Lastly, try running a battery test from the F2 system diagnostics page and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.