Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
01-21-2021 12:24 AM
Product: Pavilion 15 cs3006tx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop does not charge beyond 93 % even though it is plugged in. Also charging light turns white from amber when the charge reaches 93%. Does anyone know a solution or reason behind this?
1 REPLY 1
02-05-2021 02:41 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
- 2. Expand batteries.
- 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- 4. Shut down the computer.
- 5. Disconnect the charger.
- 6. Remove the battery.
- 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
- 8. Insert the battery only.
- 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community