Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just ran a new AC Adapter Test on the brand new adapter!!! Please note that the Failure ID number is different from the previous one.

This is really dissapointing, I trusted HP a lot. Now I wasted money on a new adapter and the problem persists.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-30 at 17.31.27.jpeg

HP Recommended

More tests and info.

Please note: where the test shows as "cancelled", I did not cancel it. For some reason, the testing does not work, and I need to repeat it 4 or 5 times until it finally shows me a result.

And please note 2: I tried plugging in and out several times the ac adapter connector to my computer. For some reason, when I try this continuosly for 40 or 50 times, one of those times, it does charge. But as soon as I unplug it again and plug it in again, same thing happens. White light will be on as if the battery was fully charged, but the battery is not charging. It only charges when turned off, or during sleep and hibernation.

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.