Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery only charges when PC is off. Won't charge when PC is on

I just ran a new AC Adapter Test on the brand new adapter!!! Please note that the Failure ID number is different from the previous one.

This is really dissapointing, I trusted HP a lot. Now I wasted money on a new adapter and the problem persists.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-30 at 17.31.27.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery only charges when PC is off. Won't charge when PC is on

More tests and info.

Please note: where the test shows as "cancelled", I did not cancel it. For some reason, the testing does not work, and I need to repeat it 4 or 5 times until it finally shows me a result.

And please note 2: I tried plugging in and out several times the ac adapter connector to my computer. For some reason, when I try this continuosly for 40 or 50 times, one of those times, it does charge. But as soon as I unplug it again and plug it in again, same thing happens. White light will be on as if the battery was fully charged, but the battery is not charging. It only charges when turned off, or during sleep and hibernation.

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-01 at 00.02.05.jpeg

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation