Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery reported 100% but when removing AC power Notebook goes OFF. I Updated Bios, used the reset option offered. I tested the battery during boot, shows all OK, All voltage levels check as per assistant test. However, when  I unplug the AC power the notebook is switched OFF like if the battery was depleted.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Run the battery diagnostic through HP Support Assistant and report the advanced results here. The simple pass fail is not very informative. How old is the laptop and what I really mean is how old is the battery? If over 2 years old then almost certain its time to replace it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it has more than 2 years. However, as the status was reported OK I wanted to be sure before ordering the battery.

JJBG_1-1606835530906.png

HP Recommended

The battery is 5 years old. It is down to 56% of the original capacity to hold power. Time for replacement. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.