cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Battery reported 100% but when removing AC power Notebook goes OFF

HP Recommended
Spectre convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery reported 100% but when removing AC power Notebook goes OFF. I Updated Bios, used the reset option offered. I tested the battery during boot, shows all OK, All voltage levels check as per assistant test. However, when  I unplug the AC power the notebook is switched OFF like if the battery was depleted.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
43,920 43,706 7,009 12,349
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Run the battery diagnostic through HP Support Assistant and report the advanced results here. The simple pass fail is not very informative. How old is the laptop and what I really mean is how old is the battery? If over 2 years old then almost certain its time to replace it. 

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it has more than 2 years. However, as the status was reported OK I wanted to be sure before ordering the battery.

JJBG_1-1606835530906.png

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,920 43,706 7,009 12,349
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The battery is 5 years old. It is down to 56% of the original capacity to hold power. Time for replacement. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation