Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab233nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, before going to buy another battery, I tried to see if I need to calibrate or something like that, so I installed and executed  'HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows 1.6.3.0':

Test Components,

Test Battery

The result with the AC adapter inserted was : PASSED, but the log was as follows...

...Primary Charge control: Failed...

If I test the AC adapter (with no battery inserted), the result is : PASSED.

Any suggestions?

I cannot stay ON without AC adapter...

Must I change the battery or can I verify/measure the battery voltage to be sure it is ko?

maybe my battery is ko, battery test 2.jpgBattery test 1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@paolo8

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue, this could have happened due to software glitch however, keep your computer updated by using windows update and HP support assistant. 

The average laptop battery is good for around 400 recharges cycles. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 ( refer to Battery care practices ) 

Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@paolo8

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP battery. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought a new battery, it seemed to be right...the PC switches on again...

Then I inserted the old battery on the PC and...incredible...it is good again! (Before it could not stay ON without the charger plugged in)

What has happened? Why now the exausted battery seems to be ok?
It seems like a hardware reset has occurred...now all is ok...
Can somebody explain this behaviour?

HP Recommended

@paolo8

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue, this could have happened due to software glitch however, keep your computer updated by using windows update and HP support assistant. 

The average laptop battery is good for around 400 recharges cycles. After that, it starts to lose its capacity to hold a charge. This is about one and a half to three years of battery life for the average user. As the rechargeable battery begins to fail, the running time of the battery begins to decline.

Learn how to get the most service and life from your HP notebook battery by following these industry-wide suggested best practices.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 ( refer to Battery care practices ) 

Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.