Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 14s Cr-1005tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery won't charge beyond 95%, and it is showing 95% available (plugged in). Have tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System still the problem persists.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bhas1 ,

Thanks for the information. I suggest that you use the HP Support Assistant to verify that you have the most current  BIOS version installed. Check on that and let us know what you find. This could easily be a driver or BIOS firmware issue.

Stay safe during these Coronavirus times!

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a few questions for you.

1) For how long have you been using the notebook.

2) Have you used the HP Support Assistant or from an F2  keystroke on startup, the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics test to check your battery? If so, what were the results.

3) Do you leave your notebook plugged in all of the time to act as a substitute desktop PC?

If you run the long battery test it should create a new 100% level based on the remaining capacity of your battery. The design capacity of a lithium-ion battery and the current capacity do change over time and for that reason, 100% charge won't be what it was when the notebook was new.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.

Answers to your questions are as follows.

1. I have been using this notebook for over eight months.

2. I have run the diagnostics from HP support assistance, and it is showing the battery is okay.

3. Sometimes I plugged in my laptop as a substitute for desktop PC.

HP Recommended

Hi @bhas1 ,

Thanks for the information. I suggest that you use the HP Support Assistant to verify that you have the most current  BIOS version installed. Check on that and let us know what you find. This could easily be a driver or BIOS firmware issue.

Stay safe during these Coronavirus times!

HP Recommended

it worked.

Thank you.

Be safe and Take care!!!

HP Recommended

Great!

You stay safe as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.