6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery won't charge beyond 95%

Example: Pavilion 14s Cr-1005tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Battery won't charge beyond 95%, and it is showing 95% available (plugged in). Have tried uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System still the problem persists.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,078 41,331 4,511 11,807
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I have a few questions for you.

1) For how long have you been using the notebook.

2) Have you used the HP Support Assistant or from an F2  keystroke on startup, the HP UEFI Hardware Diagnostics test to check your battery? If so, what were the results.

3) Do you leave your notebook plugged in all of the time to act as a substitute desktop PC?

If you run the long battery test it should create a new 100% level based on the remaining capacity of your battery. The design capacity of a lithium-ion battery and the current capacity do change over time and for that reason, 100% charge won't be what it was when the notebook was new.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for replying.

Answers to your questions are as follows.

1. I have been using this notebook for over eight months.

2. I have run the diagnostics from HP support assistance, and it is showing the battery is okay.

3. Sometimes I plugged in my laptop as a substitute for desktop PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @bhas1 ,

Thanks for the information. I suggest that you use the HP Support Assistant to verify that you have the most current  BIOS version installed. Check on that and let us know what you find. This could easily be a driver or BIOS firmware issue.

Stay safe during these Coronavirus times!

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

Highlighted
Level 1
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

it worked.

Thank you.

Be safe and Take care!!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Great!

You stay safe as well.

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation