Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au071sa

Hi,

So under Device performance & health it says there is no issues under battery life.

When I have run the HP Battery check a couple times it has come up with two different results, replace it and also calibrate it. 

My laptop doesn't charge further than 70%, I have tried the steps where you install ACPI and then allow the system to reinstall it. I don't think this made much difference. 

I didn't want to calibrate my laptop as it says to allow it to fully charge but this isn't possible due to only going to 70%. 

I am not sure what to do. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@M_401

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is only getting charged up to 70%.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer working in the battery mode? (After unplugging the charger)

Is the battery getting charged correctly up to 70%?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp106001-106500/sp106009.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, as far as I am aware the battery does charge normally up to 70% and I have updated the BIOS, still only staying on 70%. 

HP Recommended

@M_401

Follow the steps in the below article and restore the BIOS defaults and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04831065

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, before I do this, I am just wondering if it will erase things on my laptop such as documents and photos?

HP Recommended

@M_401

No, it will not affect the data on your computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done this, what should be done next. 

HP Recommended

@M_401

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.