Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ExamplHP 17 OMEN PC CB0xxxe: Pavilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 17" Omen PC
Serial #:[edited]

Delivered on: 10/31/2019

Battery: 4-cell, 70 Wh Li-ion polymer

I keep my laptop plugged in while in use. After shutting down at 100% battery capacity,  after 20hrs. the battery capacity shows (about) 91% when restarted. This seems extraordinarily low for a new battery.

As a subjective measure, I noticed excessive battery usage when not plugged in (about 41% capacity) after an hour or two.

Does this mean that (1) the battery should be replaced, (2) that the battery that I thought I was getting (the high capacity battery) is not the one that I received, (3) that the usage measures are inaccurate and/or need to be recalibrted, or (4) I have absolutely no idea of what's going on and have grossly misstated the issues.

Can you give me a hand?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI @aschwarz1309 ,

Certainly

That is definitely not normal.  It is time to use your warranty.

I can ask a Moderator to help connect you to the team at HP who can help or you can do it on your own via the HP support web page or on Facebook.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.