Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-e037ci
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting the start up problem that others have had (described in the "subject"). I've tried the hard re-set, re-seating the RAM, even replacing the RAM with a new one I just bought. I've also tried both RAM boards in the 2 slots, and still, peridically I get the problem. I've even cleaned all the contact surfaces.

If I pull the memory and put it back in immediately the problem still exists, but if I wait a minute or 2 before reinserting it, then I can get it to start, implying that something is latching up and needs discharging? I just don't know what...

Darned if I'm going to pay HP $60 just for a first phone call (that likely won't solve the problem). Does anyone have any ideas on what else it could be?

I'm seriously considering abandoning HP forever

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Mike705,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing black screen issues with 3 beeps and caps lock flashes 3 times on your HP Pavilion 15-e037cl Notebook PC.

The most common problems that cause LED and beep codes are the memory and heat-related failures caused by a build-up of dust in critical cooling areas.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying, but if you read my post you would have seen that I've tried the reseating thing, bought new memory....and yes I blew what little dust there was out of all of the orifices with compressed air.

To start now, I pretty much have to remove the memory wait 20 seconds and then start the PC, otherwise I will get the 3 beeps/flashes code. I can't put the laptop to sleep as it will eventually try to access the memory from that state for some Windows related thing or another, and then start the beep code "in it's sleep". So I just shut down from windows completely whenever I am done.

I can use the computer as long as I want once it's on though.

So...I'm wondering what else it might be besides RAM. That was the essence of my post.

HP Recommended

@Mike705

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I've reviewed your post and it looks like you will need to replace the RAM & the video card with a new one from either the local store or the HP PARTS STORE: Click here to access.

That said, you may want to consider the details mentioned in the article shared earlier:

3.3 (blink/beep)

Caps Lock LED blinks slow 3 times followed by 3 quick blinks, accompanied by beeps (lower tone and higher tone).

Cause:

The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from graphics initialization or failed to initialize a graphics output device.

Solution: 

Contact support for repair due to graphics or video failure.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.