Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000 2116-TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi

I have my bluetooth driver installed, and the status showing is: This device is working properly.

But when I try to transfer any file from any other device like from my phone, everytime the files could not be sent. The reason it is showing is connection error. Even when I try to transfer any file from my Notebook PC, files could not be sent.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Blackbriar,

I see you're having some trouble with Bluetooth. I'd like to help.

First I'm going to suggest you follow the steps in this document: HP PCs - Fixing Bluetooth Problems (Windows 7)

Please get back to me and let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution so others can find this answer.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @Blackbriar,

I see you're having some trouble with Bluetooth. I'd like to help.

First I'm going to suggest you follow the steps in this document: HP PCs - Fixing Bluetooth Problems (Windows 7)

Please get back to me and let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution so others can find this answer.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

HI,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried all the ways which were mentioned in the attached document, but with no luck.

I still cannot send or recieve files via bluetooth in my Notebook PC.

Please suggest me any other thing.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey @Blackbriar,

Give this guide from digitalcitizen.life a try: Transfer Files via Bluetooth Between Phones & Windows 7 PCs

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi

This document has been helpful. But sadly I could not find the two options: "Send a file" and "Receive a file".

So I cannot perform any transfer as shown in the document.

My bluetooth driver is: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Driver for Microsoft Windows.

Do you think this is a problem of the driver? Do I need to install any different driver?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey @Blackbriar,

Looking into it, it may not be a supported action with this driver. If it doesn't show those options, then I don't believe it will work.

Cheers,
TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your input.

Could you please provide me a link from where I can download the Bluetooth driver for my specific Notebook model?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey @Blackbriar,

Here's the link for you: HP 2000-2116TU Notebook PC

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you so much. It works fine now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.