Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 2-in1 15.6", model 15M-BP111DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The right hinge of my HP ENVY x360 is broke, and I can no longer use my laptop as it's designed for fear of causing damage to the screen.  Is there an extended warranty to address the failing hinges on HP ENVY x360?  I can not find one and Support has told me no, but I can send it in for them to repair at a cost close to what I could pay for a new laptop?!?!

I purchased my laptop over a year and a half ago. Within the first year of owning my laptop, I had to send it in to HP under warranty to replace the left side hinge for the same issue the right side hinge now has (i.e. broken and causing the screen to separate).  My laptop is no longer under warranty and I should not have to pay HP almost the cost of a new to now replace/fix the right side. Based on searches on this forum and other places this is clearly a poor design issue with the hinges.

I have NEVER dropped or misused my laptop. I take extremely good care of it and it stays mostly on my desk as a desktop. Heaven forbid I should have regular need to use it as designed - flip it around to use as a pad/design board. I just want to be able to appropriately shut my laptop without fear of damaging the screen. The poor design of the hinges causing the screen to separate as part of normal use should not be a repair I have to fund myself.  Extremely disappointed in this product and if HP is not willing to stand behind their design flaws to fix the issue, the I will not be purchasing HP products in the future. A laptop in this price range should not break after just more than one year and a half of normal usage.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I found sources for the hinge kit for you. See the search link below.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=HP+925202-001

There is a video which shows how to replace the hinges on your notebook at the line below this one.

https://www.supportvideos.ext.hp.com/detail/video/5249813808001/removing-and-replacing-the-display-p...

You will need  a jewelers screwdriver set and a plastic spudger tool to avoid breaking the LCD display screen

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@yellowbug94

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Has anyone gotten an adequate response from HP to this manufacturing defect?

Our laptop is from mid-2017 and also have just had this issue.  Our Envy 360 has NEVER been dropped and NEVER even left our house.  The "discounted" repair cost we received from HP is $309 (about half the original cost of the laptop).

edited**

HP Recommended

Hi @Hoosier76

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.