Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hope this gets to Jeff.  My computer is out of warranty, but I too have a broken hinge.  I can't afford to buy a new laptop after just 2 years,  The hinge started giving me trouble very quickly, but I had no idea it would just continue to get worse!  If anyone could tell me how to contact Jeff that would be wonderful.  He seems to be the only one willing to help.  Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AlexKaczmarek

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
HP Recommended

@SpinXO1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy M6 notebook (purchased in January 2013). I have the exact same problem that dozens of other people have had: the right hinge on my notebook has broken somehow. The casing threatens to separate from the screen if I don't hold the two together when I close the laptop.

I do not believe this to have occurred due to any fault of mine, as several others have had the same issue. I am quite sure my warranty has expired, but I don't care about that. I think HP should do something to fix my computer, or to give me a different one, as I would not have bought this computer had I known how poorly built it was.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Alex Kaczmarek

HP Recommended

@AlexKaczmarek

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

250.00 for an extended 90 day warrantee. That's great if you need your old PC absolutly... 250 for a brand new Lenova flip laptop .. the NEW Envy is a beautiful thing for 1040.00 (same price for my 2014 store display unit) now with borken hinge and cracked back and bottom and side. I'll keep my PC for as long as it takes to fully fall apart then I believe I'll switch to one of the newer hinges that don't break laptops and call my days with HP finished till further notification ... Kudo's to Jeff the tech who contacts and helps still ... and thank you to him for doing the best possible. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my latop (HP Envy touch smart).  HP said will charge me price if I want to fix it.  Look like there is a lot of HP laptop owners have the same issue.  Does anyone if HP issue any recall to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

@Coco15

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello, I don't know if anyone can help me but I recieved my HP - ENVY TouchSmart 17.3" Model: m7-j020dx on December 2013 (I made a video of the unboxing here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1jZwuWUkkE). I was very careful with it and never dropped it. About a year after, the corner near the right hinge began to come loose everytime I open and close the laptop and it is getting worse. The hinge itself looks like it is starting to break also. What are my options? I cannot afford to pay over $300 as a student. 

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 17-j005ea notebook (Purchased in August/September 2013). I have the same problem as many others: my left hinge has become very broken. The laptop never leaves my desk and I've looked after it meticulously. If I don't hold it together when opening the laptop the casing comes apart and the screen goes fuzzy.

I'm certain the warranty has expired, but I don't care. You know how much it cost and my quality concerns regarding this product are well founded.

I would appreciate any correspondance.

Regards,

Ben  

HP Recommended

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.