Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a HP Envy TS 15 notebook in December 2014 and so far it works fine but no longer under warranty.  However, the left hinge of the laptop is broken which leaves the top left corner of the plastic cover with a slanted appearance against the screen.  Also I noticed from previous posts that there is a flaw with the hinges with some of the HP Envy laptops.  Now, what can be done to fix the broken hinge?  Thanks for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Trooperblue,

As it is a hardware issue, would request you to please contact Hp Techical support. They will validate the issue and suggest the solution .

HP Worldwide Contact:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Trooperblue,

As it is a hardware issue, would request you to please contact Hp Techical support. They will validate the issue and suggest the solution .

HP Worldwide Contact:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

HP Recommended

Like many, others, I also have the faulty hinge issue on my laptop. Broken hinge and top and bottom case is pried apart. I was on the phone with HP support for an hour with no luck; they couldn't even verify my serial number and product number. Very dissapointed in this and still no way to fix it. Please help.

HP Recommended

I also bought my HP Envy in 2014 and have had the same issue now for about two years. It occured shortly after the warranty went out, perfect timing. Have been in school ever since I bought the laptop, was the reason for the purchase, and have had zero time or funds to resolve it. Now that I am finished with my degree I have time to breath and deal with this issue. Up until now I have had to use it as a desktop rather than its purpose, a laptop. 1/3 of my screen has gone black due to what I assume is damage to the video cable due to this hinge problem. I called HP today and tried to see if there is any kind of resolution that can be found for this issue since it is clearly not a consumer caused problem. After this occured the computer got docked, left open, and connected to an external monitor so I could have some way to complete assignments. During my call today it was expressed there was no resolution for the issue other than me forking our more money, after paying nearly $1,000 at the initial purchase. I brought up that there have been numerous reports of this occuring on the forums, so I don't understand why this hasn't been looked into before and the representative seemed to not even have knowledge of the forums existing. Its incredibly frustrating having this happen in the first place, then having to make it through nursing school with a dysfunctioning laptop, then contacting multiple representatives expressing my issue and being told there is nothing that can really be done other than me paying to fix it--even though its obviously a manufacturer/structural issue that should not have happened. I completely understand I am way out of warranty and do not expect a fix free of charge. I do, however, expect that HP be aware of this issue or there be a way for me to report it and that the representatives at least know of these forums.

HP Recommended

@haleysue1120

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reponse and assistance. 

HP Recommended

Is there an estimated wait time until I will be contacted?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.