Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop (Envy x360) hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way; mostly used at my desk but when I opened it, the hinge was broken and screen cracked. I've seen multiple people with the same problem with this model who have received replacements free of charge from HP while out of warranty as it is a common issue, so I wanted to enquire to see if the same can happen in my case. I've included a link to another user with a similar issue if it helps.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Left-Hinge-Broken-Corner-of-La...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Rohvader

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand your HP notebook screen and hinge is broken in order to fix this issue your computer needs to be repaired. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,

I have the same issue with my Envy 15-bp131tx 
Left Hinge did this yesterday.     Very fantastic laptop.  Everything perfect except that now broken hinge. Off HP warranty.  Logged a Request for a quote to fix.  Logged by phone with australian phone number on sticker on laptop.     They took photos via a link sent in SMS using my iphone camera.   They are getting me a quote but since looking now I see this has happened to heaps of people I am wondering why they cannot at least give me a cost ball park estimate.  I cannot believe with the metal case and strong looking construction the hinge relies upon short screws screwed into plastic behind the beautiful touch screen which pops out and is jambed into an angle when the screws on the metal plate break the plastic .... I am crying.   Maybe I will get a quote that is reasonable and They will replace that plastic connection stuff now broken with something stronger (Fix Both hinges please).   HP a company that has been around for years in this PC market.  Where is your Engineering design and testing?      

HP Recommended

@Anneishanks

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry, as I'll be glad to help.
I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon in the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for sending me the email messages and offering to raise a case with HP.

I raised a case with HP Australia by calling the Australian Phone number on a sticker that is on my HP Envy X360. They had my details from when I registered my laptop for the HP warranty and created an HP Support Account.  when  The laptop is past it's warranty date.  They quoted for replacing both hinges.  $493.41 AU.  Parts are 248.55.  The rest is call out, labour and Australian GST TAX.  

A repair technician will come to my house.   Parts are 1. ASSY HINGE  2. BACK COVER, LCD W/O ANTENNA    

Not sure if part 2 includes the LCD screen because the screen appears to be not damaged. Good considering a metal plate jammed between it and the back cover levering it out in the left bottom corner.  I managed to carefully get the metal plate to come out from behind the screen to just in front.   Metal plate is still attached to broken  hinge and and hinge is holding it at 45 degree angle out from the bottom of the left side on the cover.  I am waiting to get my upfront payment organised to qualify for the repair.  This should happen tomorrow. Meanwhile the laptop is still working.  Cannot close it because metal at 45 dregrees will not move.  I have the lid sitting straight and level using cardboard under the left side of the base folded enough times under the left corner of the back cover to keep it sitting in line with the right side still supported by the right hinge.  Happy that repair is possible.  

HP Recommended

I do not seem to have "Accept as Solution" or "Kudos , thumbs UP" buttons below.     

HP Recommended

@Anneishanks

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Click this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-right-hinge/m-p/8275749... to access our public post to give Accept as Solution.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.