Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
DESKTOP-4M9CS73
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello . I would like to ask about the bug that windows 10 update 1809 had occur to me in which it showed windows is not activated after updating and i had to rolled back to the 1607 version . Anybody know the reason for this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hiam_1234

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Microsoft is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Although some people have reported that using the Activation Troubleshooter (Settings -> Update & security -> Activation -> Troubleshoot) has solved the issue, I suggest you attempt the same and let me know if it helps, you may also activate windows (free of charge) using the below method (if need be)

Press the Windows Image+ R to open the Run dialog, type slui.exe 4, press Enter

• From the drop-down list, choose the country you are residing now 

• Call the designated toll-free number; Read out the number displayed on the screen accordingly. 

• The IVR will then read out a list of character to you, enter it into the screen and Activate windows. 

For more details, please go through this support document for - HP PCs - Windows 10 Product Activation

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.