Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For quite a while now (5/6 months) my laptop builds up static. This can often give you a shock but in most cases, you can feel it within the laptop when passing your hand over the lid or the area around the trackpad. It comes and goes but it occurs very often when charging.

My product is out of warranty but I'm not sure if this is a technical fault with the laptop or something due to old age.

Thanks for your time

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@hj49 

Are you in Winter now ? Please discharge yourself more often specially your house does not have wool carpet. I used to have static shock in Winter, specially when open my car and using different shoes help a lot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the response!

This issue is less to do with me and more to do with the laptop itself. You can definitely feel the build-up of static on the laptop as it has a weird magnetic/static feel which can sometimes result in a shock. The location/position of the laptop is not an issue either as it's been everywhere with me and results in the same problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.