Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-ce030tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am using " OMEN by HP - 15-ce030tx " model laptop. Recently, my laptop is being overheated while  start gaming. After that I check the Hp UEFI diagnosis to check my cpu fan status . Unfortunately, It is showing only one fan and the status is  "not supported" . Please help me to solve this issue.  Also, it would be very helpful if you suggest me a way to control my fan speed.

ps: few days back I cleaned my laptop. 

Thank you.

154209230_163114982290627_8032346205735067762_n.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fan speed is controlled by the BIOS and the power management software and it is not user adjustable with any HP app. There are third party apps like speedfan (just google it) which will read the fan speed and on some chipsets can actually adjust fan speed but adjustment tends not to be available on many laptop motherboards. Still a nice little app to have I always install it on my laptops. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Fan speed is controlled by the BIOS and the power management software and it is not user adjustable with any HP app. There are third party apps like speedfan (just google it) which will read the fan speed and on some chipsets can actually adjust fan speed but adjustment tends not to be available on many laptop motherboards. Still a nice little app to have I always install it on my laptops. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the software suggestion . However,  I've used it but could not find the fan speed. I've attached some screen shots. 

fan.PNGfan2.PNG

HP Recommended

Your temps are fine so something is cooling right. Some chipsets do not interact with speedfan to report fan speed. It sees two fans but can't read the data to give the fan speed. I get the same thing on my Thinkpad. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.