Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 13-u036TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening i just bought a new laptop and it's the hp pavilion 13 x360 convertible in gold color with 6th gen core i3 6100u, 4gb ddr4 ram. I just wanted to ask if someday i can upgrade my CPU from i3 to i5 or i7 and also can i upgrade the RAM and how many RAM slots does this laptop have and what is the maximum capacity and if you happen to see a video about the a teardown of this laptop please let me know thanks in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI,

Updating the processor would not be possible since it is integrated, if you can upgrade the RAM:

Memory module Support DDR4-2133 Dual Channel
Supports up to 16-GB maximum on-board system memory
DDR4-2133 Dual Channel Support
16384 MB (8192 MB × 2 pieces)
12288 MB (8192 MB + 4096 MB)
8192 MB (4096 MB × 2 pieces)
8192 MB (8192 MB × 1)
6144 MB (2048 MB + 409

HP Pavilion X360 disassembly

Manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05147552

Best Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.