Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-dp0094ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

For last half a year I have been experiencing the issue - when I am playing game CPU voltage randolmy drops from about 1.2v to 0.6v and GPU voltage drops from 0.88 to 0.6. Of course I get huge lags/stutters, and 12 FPS instead of 55-60. It continues for 2-3 seconds, then voltages and FPS restore to common values. These drops can be shown every 10 seconds sometimes. It realy annoys me.

It is like power cable disconnection. The same behaviour. But it is not. I have already changed the whole charger.

Win10 reinstalled too.

Somewhere I read that it could be bad BIOS. But downgrade are forbidden.

What else could I do to solve my problem? Help please!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@xDisaregx,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the display. We understand it's a gaming notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Check for the BIOS Update ?

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

1) BIOS and NVidia updated to newest versions.

2) High/ Max performance configured everywhere.

3) Game Mode is on.

4) AC adapter is always connected while gaming.

May be something else?

HP Recommended

Hi@xDisaregx,

Download HP PCs - HP OMEN Gaming Hub where you can change settings in case of any options.

HP Recommended

It seems that Gaming Hub works incorrect due to my PC is not OMEN. It just provides some information about system. And I can not confugure any features. That's that.

Screenshot here (Russian version):

omen.JPG

HP Recommended

Update: charging port was changed and there is no any impact. Problem is still not solved.

HP Recommended

Hi@xDisaregx,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Pavilion Notebook. It could be a hardware issue on the Notebook as you already tried updating Bios, running all updates and doing a Reset. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our HP Support Engineers and should be able to sort this out. Hence I encourage you to contact HP support for all warranty service options.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.