Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-bc350na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When connecting Power adaptor the CPU frequency reduces from 3.48GHz to only 0.38GHz, making the Notebook almost unusable.

Any suggestions as to why or how to get this to return to normal whilst plugged in

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out it was a faulty power adaptor. Purchased a replacement and the issue has been fixed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kadanis Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, here's a few things to reduce the heat which in turn should resolve the issue with the CPU among other things:

You can help prevent overheating by making sure there is adequate ventilation around the computer, the fan vents are cleaned regularly, and the BIOS is up-to-date. For more information, go to Protecting and Caring for your HP Notebook PC.

You might experience the following issues when the computer overheats:

• After pressing the Power button, the computer freezes on a black screen and Windows does not start, or Windows starts but does not respond.

• Basic tasks or applications take more time to complete than usual.

• Windows does not respond, suddenly restarts, or displays an error message while in use.

• Games stop responding during play.

• Fans inside the computer become louder as they start spinning faster to remove excess heat.

• The mouse and keyboard stop responding.

There are many reasons your computer might overheat, but the most common reason is dust buildup on the fans which can trap heat. Reduce the heat inside the computer to prevent any damage to its internal components.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Turns out it was a faulty power adaptor. Purchased a replacement and the issue has been fixed

HP Recommended

@Kadanis That's great, I'm glad you've got that sorted,

Have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.