Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello All... My name Pravin and I own a HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop couple of years ago.
Well, when I visited a near by HP Customer service center for the replacement of some components in it, the HP Technician has told me that My HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop is compatible for the up-gradation with Backlit Keyboard as he found the required sockets available for a backlit keyboard on my laptop's Mother Board. I felt pretty happy to hear about that, as it sounds real cool for the guy like me who works mostly at night time...

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM THAT MY HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop IS COMPATIBLE FOR THIS UP-GRADATION, IF COMPATIBLE, DOES ALL THE KEY STROKES WORKS FINE AS THE PREVIOUS ONE.???

Hope I hear a good news about it from the great experts here..^_*
-
Thanks In Advance..
Regards..
Pravin Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PravinJay wrote:

Hello All... My name Pravin and I own a HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop couple of years ago.
Well, when I visited a near by HP Customer service center for the replacement of some components in it, the HP Technician has told me that My HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop is compatible for the up-gradation with Backlit Keyboard as he found the required sockets available for a backlit keyboard on my laptop's Mother Board. I felt pretty happy to hear about that, as it sounds real cool for the guy like me who works mostly at night time...

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM THAT MY HP PAVILION DV6-3217TU Laptop IS COMPATIBLE FOR THIS UP-GRADATION, IF COMPATIBLE, DOES ALL THE KEY STROKES WORKS FINE AS THE PREVIOUS ONE.???

-
Thanks In Advance..
Regards..
Pravin Jay.

Hi,

Yes, this laptop is compatible for backlit keyboards. This is manual for your laptop:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657339.pdf

See the Computer major components section for the right part number and run the part number on ebay. You could also search on ebay for "dv6 backlit keyboard". There are backlit keyboards only for two series or so. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@PravinJay wrote:

-
Thanks In Advance..
Regards..
Pravin Jay.

Hi,

Yes, this laptop is compatible for backlit keyboards. This is manual for your laptop:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657339.pdf

See the Computer major components section for the right part number and run the part number on ebay. You could also search on ebay for "dv6 backlit keyboard". There are backlit keyboards only for two series or so. 

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Oh yay that sounds great...!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR VALUABLE  SUGGESTION..

In your point of view, does this keyboard can be upgraded as it looks same as I am having the present one..

US Keyboard backlit For HP Pavilion DV6t-3000 DV6t-3100 DV6t-3200 DV6t-4000

E-Bay Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Keyboard-backlit-For-HP-Pavilion-DV6t-3000-DV6t-3100-DV6t-3200-DV6t-4000-...

Please can you suggest me the the apt Model No. Keyboard that can be up-graded with my laptop.??

-

Thank you in advance..:)

HP Recommended

@PravinJay wrote:

Oh yay that sounds great...!!!

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR VALUABLE  SUGGESTION..

In your point of view, does this keyboard can be upgraded as it looks same as I am having the present one..

US Keyboard backlit For HP Pavilion DV6t-3000 DV6t-3100 DV6t-3200 DV6t-4000

E-Bay Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Keyboard-backlit-For-HP-Pavilion-DV6t-3000-DV6t-3100-DV6t-3200-DV6t-4000-...

Please can you suggest me the the apt Model No. Keyboard that can be up-graded with my laptop.??

-

Thank you in advance..:)

I think so. Does it match your original keyboard? If yes, then go ahead.:)

HP Recommended

Yup, all the keyboard layout is exactly matches my current keyboard including the keyboard connector...:smileyvery-happy: Sure I shall order it upon further assistance from the HP Service & will post the result very soon...!!

Lets hope this one works.._/\_

-

Thanks A Lot Buddy..!!

Regards..:)

Pravin Jay..!

HP Recommended

@PravinJay wrote:

Yup, all the keyboard layout is exactly matches my current keyboard including the keyboard connector...:smileyvery-happy: Sure I shall order it upon further assistance from the HP Service & will post the result very soon...!!

Lets hope this one works.._/\_

-

Thanks A Lot Buddy..!!

Regards..:)

Pravin Jay..!

You are welcome!! Good luck!!

HP Recommended

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP ENVY 15-j040us?

HP Recommended

@hradrich wrote:

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP ENVY 15-j040us?

Hi,

It looks like yes.

Keyboard with backlight (includes backlight cable):

For use on all computer models in the United States 720244-001. 

HP Recommended

Can I Replace a Keyboard(Non-Backlit) with Backlit Keyboard in my HP ProBook 450 G2-  P5S30ES? thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.