Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-by0062cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello - Can I replace the WIFI card in a HP 17-by0062cl ?

If so - please let me know where I can order one from.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I see from the parts list that your notebook has the Realtek RTL8822BE wifi card.

HP PartSurfer

Chapter 3 doesn't show any wifi cards better than what you have installed now.

HP 17 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

I cannot find any posts where someone replaced that model card with something better, so if you want to experiment, this would be the model wifi card/Hp part number I recommend you try.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

HP doesn't have the card in stock right now, but you can order one on eBay...

l35282-005 | eBay

Only buy a card with the HP part number.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response! The manual says it is a WLAN+Bluetooth. Is the suggested replacement wlan+Bluetooth as well? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Bluetooth radio chip is on both wifi card's circuit boards.

There is not a separate Bluetooth module like there used to be 10 or more years ago.

HP Recommended

Great! I ordered one (Says new and OEM so hopefully it will be!) Do you think after I power down and install etc. and reboot that it will  recognize the replacement card using the old driver or will I need to install a new one? If so, can you point me to the best location to obtain drivers? 

Thanks! FF

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Before you install the Intel card, go into the device manager and uninstall both the Realtek wifi and bluetooth devices and check the uninstall driver box.

If there is any Realtek Bluetooth software in the Windows control panel, uninstall that too.

Then shut down the PC and follow the procedure in the service manual to replace the wifi card.

W10 should install the drivers automatically for the Intel card, but to be safe you can download and save the latest Intel AX wifi and bluetooth drivers from the link below...in any event, they will be newer than what W10 installs anyway.

Download Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

Download Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10

Please post back and let us know how your notebook's wifi card upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Hello - I haven't received the WiFi card yet but will let you know how it goes when i do.

On another note I suspect I have a failing memory module as the laptop fails MemTest86 on first pass. Im currently running two 8Gb modules (16GB total). Can you provide me the appropriate pn/info to order replacement(s)?

Let me know if I need to ask this in a new post.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes it is possible that one of the memory chips is bad, and I agree that the best thing to do would be to replace it.

Do you know which one is bad?

If not, remove one of the chips and run the memory off the remaining one.

If it passes the memory test then you were lucky on the first shot.

If not, remove that chip, replace it with the first one you removed and that chip should pass the test.

it is highly unlikely that both chips are bad.

Suggested replacement:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the quick response and the P/N! I'll try the memory test you mention. I'm sure I can get by on 8GB if I can identify which one is bad.... (I added the additional 8GB as I used to run CAD a lot).

Anyway will keep you posted so maybe we can eventually close this one out!

FF

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.