Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello, I would like to know if I can replace my CPU in my laptop. I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC. 

Thanks,

James Sisk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows its specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03905124

and here is some information on this processor:

TypeCPU / Microprocessor
Market segmentMobile
FamilyAMD E-Series
Model numberE-300
CPU part numberEME300GBB22GV is an OEM/tray microprocessor
Frequency1300 MHz
Clock multiplier6.5
Package413-ball lidless micro-BGA (FT1)
SocketBGA413
Size0.75" x 0.75" / 1.9cm x 1.9cm

Looks like you can't upgrade the CPU because those BGA of processors normally are soldered to the motherboard.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP 2000 is a series of many models/products, what is yours ? Please use the folliwng link to find out:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Product number: E0M17UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi,

The following link shows its specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03905124

and here is some information on this processor:

TypeCPU / Microprocessor
Market segmentMobile
FamilyAMD E-Series
Model numberE-300
CPU part numberEME300GBB22GV is an OEM/tray microprocessor
Frequency1300 MHz
Clock multiplier6.5
Package413-ball lidless micro-BGA (FT1)
SocketBGA413
Size0.75" x 0.75" / 1.9cm x 1.9cm

Looks like you can't upgrade the CPU because those BGA of processors normally are soldered to the motherboard.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Do you think there is anyway to increase my processing speed?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately no, you can't overclock it. One way to speed up the machine is to use SSD but again, please check price/performance and other WORKs before making decision.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Sir can i replace my cpu in my hp d107tx laptop i have intel i3 4000m 2.40 ghz with turbo mode unusable i want to run highend game so please help me
HP Recommended
Sir i have hp pavilion n089nr laptop 2.00ghz processor so iwant to upgrade cpu processor..can it possible to replace cpu in my laptop?please sir help me..tomorrow i wanna be going to buy new intel i7 pricessor cpu..
HP Recommended

Hi, is it possible to change out my current processor for a different more high end one?

I am using a HP Pavilion Dv7-3065dx  it has a AMD Turion II Ultra Dual Core Mobile M600, its currently my only laptop as my old (2002) computer has a failing hardrive so I just went completely laptop. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.