Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4-3055dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all.  I recently purchased an external LG BP50NB40 portable Bluray/dvd player.  Despite numerous contacts with LG tech support, different player software applications and updating all of my drivers, I still cant get it to play a Bluray disc clearly.

Question:

Is there an internal Bluray/DVD/CD player that is compatible, for replacement, with my computer?  

If so, do you believe that doing this will allow me to view Bluray discs on my computer?

Any input will be greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JMS6138

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dm4-3055dx Notebook and unable to play Bluray discs. I read that you would like to know if there could be an internal Bluray drive installed in the laptop and will the laptop allow you to play Bluray discs. I'd like to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Do you receive an error message while trying to play a  Bluray disc?
  • Have you tried using multiple discs?
  • Does this happen with all media player applications?
  • Did you receive any drivers for the Bluray device/

I did some research and found that bluray player (both external and internal) should work fine your laptop. If you planning to go for an internal Bluray player then a bluray player of the same size (form factor) as the present DVD drive of your laptop will work.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the steps from this link to isolate and fix the issue: Resolving DVD and Blu-ray Movie Problems (Windows 7)

Feel free to let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Your computer is "beefy" enough to play BluRay media:

Processor: 2.40 GHz 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2430M Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.00 GHz
Memory
8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)

When playing the media, is it "jerky" (either audio or video) ?

Before starting to play, use CTRL-ALT-DELETE to open the Windows "Task Manager", to show how "busy" your CPU is, and how much RAM is being used.

Then, start the playback, and compare the results, and tell us.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.