Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DenoGrad
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I still return my laptop for repair after the warranty is over?

HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to return my laptop to repair it because it was shutting down when I unplugged it. So I asked to receive a box to send the laptop back on February 21. The box came to me 3 days later. I wasn't sure if I should send it back because of the pandemic and the issues with shipping. Right now, my warranty is over, but the support person told me I had 30 days to send the box back. Can I still send my laptop back? And how long will it approximately take to repair it? I'm pretty sure the problem is the battery, so I think it will be pretty quick, but not sure.

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,702 30,609 2,795 6,753
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DenoGrad 

Unfortunately, no.  When the warranty is expired, HP will no longer accept the laptop for repairs.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
DenoGrad
Author
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So even if I have 30 days to send the box back, my warranty has to be active so that my laptop gets repaired?

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,702 30,609 2,795 6,753
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DenoGrad 

Boxes, if you mean shipping boxes, are not warrantied.  They most likely told you 30 days to return it to give you time to send it back -- in case they were going to charge you for the box.  I'm not saying they WILL do that; I'm just guessing as to why they told you 30 days to return it.  That is unrelated to sending in the laptop for service.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation