Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

E55BC259-FBCB-45B1-9E0D-24F3E1E7BA81.png

laptop is running slow what can I do to make it run faster, any ideas on what to upgrade or is this even upgradable? thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are two upgrades you can do...

1. Since your notebook has an Intel Celeron processor, there is only one memory slot.

You can remove the currently installed 4 GB memory chip and replace it with an 8 GB DDR3L-1600 memory chip.

2.  You can remove the slow-poke 500 GB 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drive, and replace it with a much better performing 2.5" 500 GB solid state drive.

Those two upgrades should help quite a bit.

Your notebook won't be a speed demon, but it will be pleasantly usable at least.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook on the SSD.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Below is the link to the service manual which has the hard drive and memory removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485573

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before I can answer your question, I will need to know the product number of your notebook.

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hi! My product ID is 2BD73PA#UUF 

Model 14-bs538TU

its really running slow can I just upgrade like the RAM if so, what are the compatible rams for this? Thanks so much for replying

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are two upgrades you can do...

1. Since your notebook has an Intel Celeron processor, there is only one memory slot.

You can remove the currently installed 4 GB memory chip and replace it with an 8 GB DDR3L-1600 memory chip.

2.  You can remove the slow-poke 500 GB 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drive, and replace it with a much better performing 2.5" 500 GB solid state drive.

Those two upgrades should help quite a bit.

Your notebook won't be a speed demon, but it will be pleasantly usable at least.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook on the SSD.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Below is the link to the service manual which has the hard drive and memory removal and replacement procedure.

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05485573

HP Recommended

Yey!!! alright thank you so much Paul! will definitely do these upgrades.

stay healthy 🖤

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You stay healthy too and enjoy the upcoming holiday season!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.