Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rykman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I upgrade the memory on Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx (4194dx)?

HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the memory of my Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, currently HP Support Assistant states there are 2 8GB SK Hynix 2133MHz modules. If it is possible to upgrade these what type of memory can I upgrade to?

I'd also like to upgrade the SSD but I assumed that would be straight forward replacement to any NVMe PCIe M2 SSD. If I am wrong please let me know.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
130,042 120,219 19,681 30,077
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 1 of the service manual for the Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx model series the memory is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.

HP Spectre x360 13 Convertible PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended ...

If you look at chapter 5, of the manual, there is no procedure to remove or replace the memory.

Chapter 3 shows the list of supported motherboards that come with either 8 GB or 16 GB of memory.

I would agree with you that you can replace the existing NVMe SSD with one having a larger capacity.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation