Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc102tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

IMG_20190331_132019.jpgIMG_20190331_132009.jpg

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078WYS5K6/?coliid=IIBB74TXUT0Q&colid=DRDYP33PBJ28&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_...

Will this SSD work with this slot? I want to buy it but I'm not able to decide if it'll work.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Yes. It will work, but it will not be as fast as a 2280, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive. 

2280, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive products are compatible with your notebook model number.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

The SSD from Amazon is not compatible with the version of the slot on the laptop. The service guide says that M.2 2280 solid drives are compatible with this series models and it matches the slot in the picture. 

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

@pepe999 

Take a closer look. The SSD is the dual keyed type. B & M keys.

15cc.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

M.2 2280 is supported, what my doubt is will it fit in mine, I've checked the guide and Amazon products very well before posting. My only doubt is will it gir in.

HP Recommended

The slot looks like the M-Key type if I understand that supports PCIe x4 instead of only PCIe x2 for the B-Key type. I'm not much familiar with the the M.2 stuff as don't have it in my computers.:)

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Will NVMe work on mine? It's only M.2 right?

HP Recommended

@BB281 wrote:

Yes. It will.

I own a few pcie,nvme m.2 ssd drive that I use in my desktop PC.

The image I showed  in my previous post shows it's compatibility with your notebook

HP Recommended

@BB281 wrote:

Yes so you need a NVMe M.2 drive not a SATA M.2 one which is the drive from Amazon. They are both M.2 drives but slightly different because they use different data connection.. 

HP Recommended

It has both key types.

The 2280 is the dimension specifications for an M.2 which will physically fit in your notebook, according to the HP official Maintenence & Service guide.

So yes. it will fit. Just make certain that you install it with the labelling side up as it has both optional keys for the M.2 slot in the notebook.

Here is an explanation of the keys and sockets.

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.