Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Please help me as i need to increase the storage of the HP Stream Book , also the RAM , kindly please guide me how to upgrade the SSD , RAM , mostly i need an SSD but will i lost my Win-8.1 ? activation keys ??

if you all guys have this laptop and kindly can take an video to show me how to replace the laptopo SSD and Ram . 

Thank You so much Guys ~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended
Hi there:

Your Stream 13 have on board RAM (4gb max - currently present) & eMMC drive on board.

Both can't be upgraded.

Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04501162

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

4GB max ? Why isit 4GB ? but spec show 2GB 😞

HP Recommended

Is it touch screen Steam 13? If specs show 2gb, then that's the Max unfortunately.
HP Recommended

Sorry , the link you gave  me ...is wrong model 

my model is c024TU HP STREAM 🙂 kudos !

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Associate Dean, With the HP Steam, How do we upgrade to Win10? I tried and it stated that it needs about 8.5gb of usable space inorder to make this upgrade. The unit comes with 32gb of eMMC which is not upgradeable. Is there a solution to installing Win10? Thanks for your Assistance

_AkWingnut

HP Recommended

My solution was to buy a good SSD drive with 240gb of storage, along with an 3.0 usb interface. Atleast now I can have it reinstalled into my next PC. Untill then this netbook is only half portable. But hey guys, at least they gave us USB 3.0, Thank you HP.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for that information about what card I need to buy....can you recommend a website or store that carries a 240GB SSD card as I have found only 64GB on amazon and 128GB at a store here in London called Currys but have yet to locate one as big as 240GB?

Also why do I need to get the SSD card and a 3.0 USB?

I cant upgrade to windows 10 as I have not enough space on my C drive

Thanks for any information you can give me in advance

HP Recommended
You can upgrade to win 10, use the micro SD 16 GB during the istallation .. After win 10 is istalled you can reset windows 10 and you have 17,5 GB free
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.