Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-cn1011ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a next question: I just got (literally 2 days) a new laptop and tested it out; When I tried to run some games (my laptop has i5 8265u + MX 150 4 GB) and see the temps under load; the temperatures went up to about 95 degrees, after which they continued to jump back and forth. Seeing this, I undervolted CPU (via XTU) and underclocked GPU (via Afterburner) and temps went down to about 65-70 degrees, which is sugnificantly better, but having to limit its performance is tough.

So, I thought that changing thermal paste for somithing like Arctic Cooling MX-4 (it has good rewiews, but i am open to other suggestions) would help temps a bit. 

But the question then is, can I repaste it with my warranty intact by myself and if not, whether this can be done via an HP authorised service center ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @nuyter 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

Personally, I think they will want to be done by authorized tech center, not by you, in order to keep the warranty active.

To be 100% sure and to arrange all the details, please call the local HP Support team for your country and address this with them directly -> https://www8.hp.com/ru/ru/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @nuyter 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

Personally, I think they will want to be done by authorized tech center, not by you, in order to keep the warranty active.

To be 100% sure and to arrange all the details, please call the local HP Support team for your country and address this with them directly -> https://www8.hp.com/ru/ru/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.