Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook N0T82UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP tool does not help me find the right replacement battery for my notebook. The battery shows HU02 and other numbers that do not pull up on the site. I ordered the one the tool suggested and it was wrong. I bought this laptop in July 2015 and am shocked that the battery has already failed. The website does not let me ask for support to get the right battery. Now, I'm trying to use HP to replace the battery, can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the battery part number

807956-001Battery pack - 3-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.8Ah, 31Wh (HS03031-CL)

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here is the battery part number

807956-001Battery pack - 3-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.8Ah, 31Wh (HS03031-CL)

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I appreciate your help!!!!!

HP Recommended
Actually, your particular notebook has 2 battery options -- one is a 3-cell battery, but there is also a 4-cell battery. 807956-001 is the 3-cell version -- 807957-001 is the 4-cell version. It might be in very small print, but one of these part numbers should actually be on the battery label in your notebook. Without the notebook serial number, I can't be sure which battery is the original in your notebook.
I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.