Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY X360 - 13-ar0062nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I encountered this issue when playing some action games. When I have already pressed left and up arrow keys, the programs will not detect space button. That means I cannot jump to left up side in some games! I tested this in a text editor and right+down also disabled space button. The weird thing is that right+up+space and left+down+space can work.

Is this a hardware imperfection or a drive issue? Please fix this or help me since this is really annoying!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JacobZhong Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the space key is not working press the arrow key while playing the game.

Do not worry. I will try to help you out.

Is it happening with all games or particular games?

Is it happening with online games or downloaded games?

In the meantime, please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue:

• Start by uninstalling the keyboard driver from Device Manager.
  • Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
  • After the reboot, test the keyboard again and see if the same problem persists.
  • If it does, connect an external USB keyboard and see if the same problem persists.
  • If it works normally with a USB keyboard, you may need to do a complete factory reset with your laptop to really identify if it's a hardware or software problem.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

HP Recommended

I tried to reinstall the driver, it doesn't solve the issue. (I reinstalled the "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" driver, is it the correct one?)

I also tried to connect an external keyboard, it turns out this issue doesn't exist for external keyboards.

This issue happen across the system, it occurs whenever I type. (as long as you have pressed up and left arrow key, space key will not be detected)

How do I perform a factory reset? Will it make my system and data lost? I have already installed a lot of programs into my computer and it's quite annoying if I have to install them again. Is there any possibility in your side to check this? I think this may also happen in other computers with same model. Since the arrow keys and space key are all working fine separately, I'm pretty sure that this is a driver problem (software problem). Please inform your driver team about this!

HP Recommended

@JacobZhong

Thank you for the information.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the keyboard component test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping the F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Also, Perform a system restore and check. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I tried that diagnostic tool and I can pass the quick test. But I indeed found that when typing ↑ + ← + space, the last space key will be identified as ↑ key.

I also found that I didn't have a restore point before... So I cannot make a restore right now

HP Recommended

@JacobZhong

Thank you for the update.

In that case, uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Yeah I have already done that in the previous reply. The problem still exists

HP Recommended

@JacobZhong

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.