Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook

I have signed up to HP website to log a warranty ticket, and have clicked on all the activation and registration links i have been emailed. I am now asked to fill in my profile but i cannot fill it in and click save at the bottom as the button is greyed out and i cant edit my email address or region as it says this can only be done by HP. 

There is also a message at the top saying "user is deactivated" -  so i cant log a ticket to ask them to activate me.

I really need some assistance with this, the CEOs Elitebook 830 G5 is broken and I cant log a ticket to even get it looked at by HP.

Hope you can help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Lodders123 

I have asked that someone take a look.

Should there be a response, the moderator / agent will post back here before using other methods to contact you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks, someone PM'd me a number for support but it doesnt look like i can call that number from the UK. Please can anyone advise of a number or email address? Cheers

HP Recommended

@Lodders123 

Edits - Correction and Update

HP agents have official HP profile / avatars.

Verified the agent who contacted you:

I was notified that in this case, the "person" who posted the P.M. is actually an agent - he did forget that he should notify first by posting in this thread so you know who is contacting you.

I have also alerted the mods that the number posted is unusable in your region.

Hang in there - it will be sorted.

Original message

For those reading:

Do not call a random number posted in a thread message and do not call a random number an unknown "someone" sends you in a P.M.  

The vermin attack community and forum websites, including this one, from every little crevice.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks, i have now been given this number by HPJEff 

[EDIT]

but when i ring this number it says this service is out of order. I still cant log an urgent ticket as my user account is deactivated. I only signed up two days ago so dont know why it is deactivated

HP Recommended

@Lodders123
Thank you for posting back. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP and you will be contacted as earliest possible.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ive had zero contact or response and still have a HP elitebook with no way of doing a video call. Why has nobody at HP made contact?

HP Recommended

Still not heard from HP, can anyone help please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.