Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg3000 (78G45AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Cant permanently turn off Antimalware Executable HP support couldn't do it. Is there a way ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It isn't really clear as to what you are asking.

Can you add a bit more context?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

IMG_2689.jpeg

I want to permanently remove “ Antimalware Service Executable” and use a different protection. 
it’s my personal computer and I’m the Administrator 

I just got the computer. 2 others exactly like it don’t have it on there.

Support gave up after 40 minutes.

It says access denied 

When it was turned off it came right back on when the computer was restarted.

Thanks

HP Recommended

What "Support" gave up?

"The Antimalware Service Executable (you may find it listed as MsMpEng.exe in the Task Manager) is a core part of Windows Security. The service helps ensure your PC stays protected against any virus, worms, and other malware by continually scanning files and programs on your PC in the background."

What do you find about that part of the Windows operating system security that makes you want to rid your OS of it?

Is it because it uses so many CPU cycles?

You might find this blog interesting

https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/antimalware-service-executable-high-disk-usage.htm...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Do you not understand what im asking ?

Cant permanently turn off Antimalware Executable HP support couldn't do it. Is there a way ? Thanks

HP Recommended

I understood, but wondered why. 

I hope the information below helps you succeed in doing exactly what you want to accomplish.

Using the Group Policy Editor is the only way to turn it off permanently.

That won't be possible if the installed OS is a Home version, since Windows Home versions do not allow the user to access the Registry Editor or Group policy editor.

The article at the link below from a third party blog explains how to turn it off permanently.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-permanently-disable-windows-defender-windows-10

If you install another antimalware software , that will also disable the Antimalware Executable service.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.