Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 15-cb028nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a problem with Realtek PCIE CardReader in my laptop HP Pavilion Power 15-cb028nl.

Card reader not show in device manager and is hidden.

If i try to show it it says that device is not connected to computer and is grayed.

I try download and installa latest driver from realtek site but without luck.

In event viewer i see a WHEA-logger event with this text:

Errore hardware corretto.

Componente: Porta radice PCI Express
Origine errore: Segnalazione errori avanzata (PCI Express)

Bus:Dispositivo:Funzione: 0x0:0x1C:0x4
ID fornitore:ID dispositivo: 0x8086:0xA114
Codice classe: 0x30400

Nei dettagli della voce sono disponibili informazioni aggiuntive.

i upgrade bios to F.16 version but not resolve the issue

Can someone help me out?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Do you have a SD card inserted into the card reader?

On my HP 350 G1 business-class notebook, the Realtek card reader does not show up in the device manager unless a SD card is inserted.

I have updated the driver with the SD card inserted.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to reset the card reader on unit and check.

even after reset if its not working-replace the card reader.

If unit is covered under warranty-contact HP tech support for replacement.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben

****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Recommended

I don't have SD card inserted but i check another 3 laptop 15-cb00x at the shop and have the same problem with card reader.

So i think it's related to BIOS or driver issue to all 15-cb series laptop

Possible?

HP Recommended
Hello, Try to update BIOS or perform BIOS default. check weather SD card reader is enabled on BIOS. "I work for HP." Regards, Ruben
HP Recommended

Hello,

BIOS is already updated to latest version F16 and not option in bios to disable card reader

HP Recommended

In this case you can re-install OS and check.

even after re-installing  OS if you have same issue, you need to replace the SD card reader on PC.

"I work for HP."
Regards,
Ruben

HP Recommended

Go to Realtek's site directly and download the driver for Windows 10. It works perfectly for me after so long looking for it for my notebook. Hope it works for you

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/card-reader-solutions-card-reader-controllers-soft...

HP Recommended

Went to linked site.  Downloaded driver to my computer.  Unzipped the file.  Went to Device Manager and under "Memory Technology devices" I right clicked the problem driver and chose to update driver.  I browsed to the folder where the downloaded driver was located.  It installed and immediately worked.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.