Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP notebook 15 core 13-5005u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Notebook 15 core i3-5005u with 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD, and intel HD graphics. Is it possible for me to upgrade my ram to 16gb, Hdd to 1 tb ssd and the graphics card also? Waiting for answers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory in your notebook.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 1 TB SSD.

No, you cannot upgrade the graphics.   The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory in your notebook.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 1 TB SSD.

No, you cannot upgrade the graphics.   The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it).

HP Recommended

Hey what if i put a 4gb ddl3 1333 mhz ram? Will that cause any issue??

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it will.

It will slow down your notebook's memory because it was designed to run at 1600 MHz.

It may not even work with a 1333 MHz memory chip.

HP Recommended

Hey can i use an 8gb ddr4 samsung ram for the same laptop and also for an hp notebook 15 i5

HP Recommended

Hi:

DDR 4 memory runs at a different voltage than DDR 3 memory.

It won't even fit in your notebook's memory slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.