Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP notebook 15 core 13-5005u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Notebook 15 core i3-5005u with 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD, and intel HD graphics. Is it possible for me to upgrade my ram to 16gb, Hdd to 1 tb ssd and the graphics card also? Waiting for answers. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory in your notebook.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 1 TB SSD.

No, you cannot upgrade the graphics.   The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install 2 x 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 memory in your notebook.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" 1 TB SSD.

No, you cannot upgrade the graphics.   The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard (soldered to it).

HP Recommended

Hey what if i put a 4gb ddl3 1333 mhz ram? Will that cause any issue??

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it will.

It will slow down your notebook's memory because it was designed to run at 1600 MHz.

It may not even work with a 1333 MHz memory chip.

HP Recommended

Hey can i use an 8gb ddr4 samsung ram for the same laptop and also for an hp notebook 15 i5

HP Recommended

Hi:

DDR 4 memory runs at a different voltage than DDR 3 memory.

It won't even fit in your notebook's memory slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.