Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm having a problem with recovery using the Media discs. 1st disc works perfectly, 74% into 2nd disc, says Copy File Fails. I recently replaced the HDD.  If I change the boot order to the CD ROM first, will this make a difference? HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@geegeesgirl,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Need help installing Windows. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The issue seems to be for various reasons. I request you check for the following.

• Check if all the discs are clean and there are no scratches what so ever.

Also, Try the HP Diagnostics first on the hard drive to see it passes or fails. Use the link below to perform the diagnostics.

http://hp.care/2bOrqZQ

Hope this helps. Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi@geegeesgirl,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Need help installing Windows. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The issue seems to be for various reasons. I request you check for the following.

• Check if all the discs are clean and there are no scratches what so ever.

Also, Try the HP Diagnostics first on the hard drive to see it passes or fails. Use the link below to perform the diagnostics.

http://hp.care/2bOrqZQ

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, and thank you for your response.  I need help installing everything back to the way it was, with the recovery media disc. The new HDD that was installed, passed on the extensive test(4 hr). The disks I received are new, but I did check for any scratches, didn't see any that would cause it not to be read..  It also seems, I cannot get to the screen that checks everything, not sure why?

HP Recommended

Hello, I've had a few different posts on here, since the beginning. Hard drive(750gb) died, I put a new one in, 1TB, ordered the recovery media discs, started the recovery process. The 1st disc was perfect, 2nd disc went to 74% then stopped, says copy file fails. I'm stuck from here, Hard drive is fine(passed).  The discs should not be scratched, there new.

HP Recommended

Hi@geegeesgirl,

I thank you for the reply.

I recommend you try contacting Phone support for warranty support options as you are unable to install OS. Use the link below to contact the phone support.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello again, I was sent new discs, on the original ones, the 2nd one was believed to be faulty. I changed the boot order before installing, and now everything is perfect. Discs installed Perfectly. Thanks for your response and help in this matter.

HP Recommended

2nd disc was Scratched/Faulty. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi@geegeesgirl,

I thank you for the reply.

Appreciate the effort you put in finding the solution. Kudos to you.

Cheers.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

won't let me click Accept Solution. When I click on it, makes a click noice and a yellow cloud like item pops up. What is that???????

HP Recommended

Got it!! Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.