Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470P
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Elitebook 8470p.  Had always charged perfect and one day just quit charging.  I've tried 2 different known good chargers.  I have tried to pull the battery and hold power for a minute with no luck.  I read to pull the battery and RAM and hold power and it did charge to almost full once, then never charged again.  I have updated Bios, I have attempted to run the HP Battery check but cannot because of no A/C power.  It will operate on battery only power but never A/C.  I have also attempted to go through device manager and uninstall the battery devices and do the restart with no change.  I'm beginning to believe that it must be an issue with the charging port but that doesn't explain why it charged once with removing the RAM and never again. I have searched and searched with no working solutions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It appeared to be the motherboard.  I installed a replacement and it is having the exact same issue...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.