Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Chromebook x360 14''
Chrome OS

Hello.

Recently, I bought myself a Chromebook for working on University assignments and to watch some series from time to time. Therefore, my choice fell on a convertible. The HP x360. Everything was working fine with the device for the first two days and I was pleased. However, the device suddenly stopped from entering Tent-Mode when I set it up in the appropriate position. Additionally, if I enter Tablet-mode (which seems to work), the Chromebook doesn't revert back to Laptop-Mode. Restarting the device is the only option to my trackpad and keyboard working again - Frustrating. The whole point of this device being a convertible is hence non-existent and I can guarantee that I've treated the device with utmost caution. I am aware of the fact that I can rotate the screen manually to fit into tent-mode, however I'm searching for a solution (!), not for a work-around that doesn't actually fix the issue.

Naturally, I did some research on my own and stumbled over numerous similar problems. For many users, their wireless peripherals such as mice or keyboard seem to have been the culprit, preventing the device from rotating the screen automatically once set into tent-position. But I am not using any extra peripherals. My device is free of any additional USB-Devices or memory cards. Next was the Hardware reset which worked once, but the next day proved that the problem is doggedly making a return after a reboot. Tried the Hardware reset again today - To no avail. This seems to be a random issue, or bug. Of course I've also tried to "Powerwash" the device as it is advertise as a "Factory Reset" by many sites. Haven't heard more of a ludricous lie lately - It only resets the currently installed version of ChromeOS but doesn't actually "Factory Reset" to the Version it shipped with. Why?

Lastly, I changed from the stable Channel to the Beta-Channel to see whether a newer Version might provide a solution to this misery. Anyways, I wouldn't be typing this Post if it were to any avail.

Truth be told, I'm not angry rather than deeply disappointed. I liked this device, but it's giving me more of a headache than it serves its purpose as an office and entertainment machine.

If someone knows a fix for this particular issue, I'd appreciate any help, even if it only covers an appropriation to a solution. If a solution cannot be found I will have to return the device.

Thanks in advance and stay healthy,

Jerre

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jerre_

I reviewed your post and I understand that the PC is getting stuck in tablet mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

It looks like a bug in the Chrome OS and I see a bug report already filed. However, I recommend you contact support and check once.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.