Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4530s Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Probook 4530s Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3-2310M Processor.

I want to change the processor to  Intel® Pentium® Processor B950 CPU

Is Intel® Pentium® Processor B950 CPU compatible with HP Probook 4530s Laptop?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The B950 is listed in the manual for example on page 22. So I would say its working then.

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Most Notebooks do have the CPU soldered on the mainboard and you couldn´t replace only the CPU. if that is the case for your mode, check the the Maintainance and Service manual here if that is possible or not. Known CPUs can be found in the technical details page here.

Update:

The manual above mentioned the 653338-001 which is an "B950, 2.1-GHz processor with 2-MB L3 cache" so I would say if the BIOS is up to date the CPU should work.

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
HP Recommended

The service manual on the link http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03054480 on page 97 of the document shows how to remove the processor. It means the processor is not socketed on the motherboard. It is definitely replaceable.

Now the compatibility of Intel® Pentium® Processor B950 CPU with HP Probook 4530s is still a question 🤔

HP Recommended

The B950 is listed in the manual for example on page 22. So I would say its working then.

--------

P.S.
HP Recommended

Great to see that. Thanks for helping me. 👍

HP Recommended

You are welcome 🙂

P.S.

Instead using a dualcore I would go and try to get a quadcore CPU like the 2670QM to get more speed. However you might have reasons from replacing a i3-2310M (2 cores, 4 threads; 3 MB cache) to an B950 with 2 cores and only 2 threads and only 2 MB cache. For me this should like a downgrade instead an upgrade...

--------

P.S.
HP Recommended

Yes i know its a downgrade. But i am doing it due to this issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Probook-4530s-switches-off-...

My Dell Inspiron N4050 Laptop with Intel® Pentium® Processor B950 CPU doesn't support Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) or virtualization (VMWare) so i want to change the processor to Intel® Core™ i3-2310M Processor (in HP Probook 4530s) which supports virtualization 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.