Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13 2016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

i need to know what dock is compatible for my hp spectre. whether zbook dock is compatible for my thunderbolt 3 and USB-c?

I need a dock that can do two display output.

is dell thunderbolt 3 dock compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can't use the Zbook dock with the spectre The Zbook dock has an extra power pin for which there is no place to plug it in on the Spectre. I have both devices so this comes from first-hand experience. The HP USB-C docks like the Elite dock are having issues and I would go with a third party USB-C dock. I have not however tried a dual display output dock on my Spectre. Theoretically each USB-C port can drive up to 4 x 4K UHD monitors I have seen written but not in operation. 

You might try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Thunderbolt-DisplayPort-Supports-4096x2160/dp/B01F81EIBC/ref=sr_1_1?...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can't use the Zbook dock with the spectre The Zbook dock has an extra power pin for which there is no place to plug it in on the Spectre. I have both devices so this comes from first-hand experience. The HP USB-C docks like the Elite dock are having issues and I would go with a third party USB-C dock. I have not however tried a dual display output dock on my Spectre. Theoretically each USB-C port can drive up to 4 x 4K UHD monitors I have seen written but not in operation. 

You might try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Thunderbolt-DisplayPort-Supports-4096x2160/dp/B01F81EIBC/ref=sr_1_1?...

HP Recommended

THANKS.

i think i will go for dell thunder dock instead.

i still dont know whether my spectre can support 2 extended monitor out and spectre own screen which are 3 display at the same time.

HP Recommended

Theoretically it should but I have not tried it myself. I have used the screen on the laptop plus one external with both a USB-C to HDMI and a USB-C to DP adapter. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.