Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Intel I3 6006U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some time my computer was making a loud fan noise. I don't know how and when it started but after some time i started to get 90b System Fan errors. Also this loud noises started to get annoying. The sounds change and it sometimes stop for a small time and start back. When fans start to run in full speed it also stops. This is some unedited  audio (Google Drive link is not allowed) of the fan. It sometimes suddenly changes so you might want to listen it until the end. Also computer started to idle around 71 degrees (it was 40 before). What can i do to fix this? Where can i find a replacement fan?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Just after this message my fan stopped spinning like something is blocking it. I checked it and there is nothing blocking it currently. It's trying to spin but it stops shortly and makes a "rrr" sound when starting and stopping spinning.

HP Recommended

As of right now the fan is completely dead. System just reached its PROCHOT and went into sleep mode. Upon starting i got error 90D (Thermal Shutdown).

Strajeti_0-1607277505426.png

HP Recommended

Fan just started working again but it's too slow. There is no-little air coming out. It's probably going to stop again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.