Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Computer shutting down at 25% battery

HP Pavilion 15-cc055od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop (15-cc055od) that I bought a year and a half ago. 

About 3 weeks ago, the computer started shutting down abruptly when battery was at 15%. Then it was 20%. Yesterday, it shut down at 25%. At this rate, I'm sure soon it will shut down at 30%.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on and how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
46,973 41,230 4,497 11,731
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The main battery needs to be replaced with a new one.

This is the HP replacement information  Battery (3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion)  HP p/n 920070-855

Amazon.com has listed:

https://www.amazon.com/TF03XL-920070-855-15-CC023CL-15-CC050WM-15-CC563ST/dp/B07X1PN1NY

You can have this done by a notebook or PC shop or you can do it yourself.

Disassembly of the notebook is in the video below. Start at 1:21.  Once the base cover is removed you will be able to access the battery. The battery is held on by four screws and has a ZIF connector that must be carefully removed. To avoid losing them, I recommend using a piece of masking tape, a small cup or tray for the tiny screws

The four screws holding the battery in place.

main battery.png

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
VMDuenas97
Level 1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the reply, Erico. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I appreciate you adding the disassembly video and info on replacement battery on Amazon. You rock!! 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation