Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 ab032tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Sir,

It started few days back, or weeks as I heard clicking noise slow in daytime and more loud and clear in night, intially I thought laptop fan is dirty so ignored it and it kept coming so last day i was puting my ear to laptop surface to check where exactly the sound is coming from. i have a hp pavillion 15 ab032tx  and the noise is coming from right hand side  of the touch pad and its clearly hearable when i put my ear with surface of laptop, its hdd there as i hear something like fan too there, and the clicking noise has to do with hdd indicator because as it comes in syncronization with the hdd indicator led blinks as whenerver harddisk is accessed and  it is making some werid clicking noise.
Can anybody please help me in this situation, also thanks in advance. 

System Specification

Laptop Model--- HP Pavilion 15 ab032tx

Date Of Purchase---- 22-Aug-2015

Operating System---Win 8.1 64 bit (comes with laptop)

Hard Disk Model----HGST HT541010A9****

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @parth07

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you hear a clicking sound from your hard disk. 

I would suggest to backup all of your personal files up at this point. Just as a precaution. You had mentioned that you just purchased the HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab032tx in August of 2015.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating.

If that does not work, I would suggest you Check your product warranty and then use the following link to create yourself a case number:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Your hard drive is probably faulty, 

Could i have you download and run CrystalDiskInfo?

This is a program that will check the health of your hard drive and report back to you if it is good, or bad, if it says anything other than good, such as caution, then you will need to get a replacement hard drive as fast as possible, as the HP representative said, back up all of your important files.

If Crystaldiskinfo shows anything other than good then back up your info/files as fast as possible and replace the hard drive

This is what it should generally look like when you run the program.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Folks,

My Laptop is an HP Pavilion V2Z45AV with a 2TB harddisk from Seagate - Samsung, ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD (Win10 Home 64bit).

I solved the problem of the HDD that was making such a clicking, creaking, squeak noise randomly every few minutes.

this post of me might be useful :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Solved-HDD-making-clicking-crea...

Success!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.