Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax248tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to control my laptop fan speed. It has hp coolsense that controls the fan speed automatically depending on the interior temperature but there is no software to control the fan speed when I want it max I can't have that. Is there any soution for this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mudit471

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If your device is overheating, and you need "fan control" , please remember the below information:

🛑NOTE: Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly.

Also, to avoid the CPU damage, we do not recommend throttling or overclocking the CPU, I recommend you refrain from using high-performance games on this laptop as it's not built for the same.

✔️Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating 

That said, I recommend you follow the below steps to improve system performance & stop FPS drops:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mudit471

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want to control fan speed,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know that the fan is system managed and cannot be changed manually?

If you didn't, I'm afraid that's how the HP device is designed, making changes to fan speed may cause overclocking or over-throttling causing hardware malfunctions within the device and hence is not recommended or supported by HP.

I hope that answers your query!

Keep me posted,

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have a laptop cooling pad when I play game and turn on laptop cooling temperature starts rising to 80 Celsius and there are fps drops too and the fan is not working at its high speed because of cooling pad but when I switch off cooling the fans starts working at high temp reducing temperature and fps drops, therefore I asked If I can use my cooling pad and turn the fans to max while playing game The temp will be quite low
HP Recommended

@mudit471

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If your device is overheating, and you need "fan control" , please remember the below information:

🛑NOTE: Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly.

Also, to avoid the CPU damage, we do not recommend throttling or overclocking the CPU, I recommend you refrain from using high-performance games on this laptop as it's not built for the same.

✔️Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating 

That said, I recommend you follow the below steps to improve system performance & stop FPS drops:

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle -

I think you've provided some incorrect information.

@Riddle_Decipher

NOTE: Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly.

35°C/95°F is a hot summer day.  Under normal conditions, the laptop is going to get much hotter than that year-round.

I think you meant 95°C/203°F. I'm basing this on 95°C being the PassiveTripPoint reported by WMIC.

For example,

wmic /namespace:\\root\wmi PATH MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature ^
get CurrentTemperature, CriticalTripPoint, PassiveTripPoint

...returns:

3732               3342                3682

...which is "Tenths of degrees Kelvin" ([×0.1°K]).   Conversion is: ( [×0.1°K]. ÷ 10 ) - 273.2 = [°C].

@Riddle_Decipher

According to comparable models on the HP site, this is a "Gaming Laptop".

HP Recommended

In case you still having this problem, or someone searched same question and this post show up, please go to this link:
https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases
and download any version of Notebook Fancontrol. Am using HP ZBook 15, using cooling pad too, after applied high quality thermal paste (ceramic, not liquid metal) the fan almost alway run at medium speed. So I use this software, and look how cool my laptop is (just opening dozen Firefox tabs, normaly it get around 54-56 Celcius degree):asss.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.