Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
dv6-3057er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to increase the amount of RAM, but I do not know what frequency is supported by the laptop motherboard.

Usually such information is contained on the official website, but in this case it is not.

As far as I know, the default memory is 1066 MHz. But there is no such memory now in the stores.

I'm sure that the motherboard supports the modern memory frequency. But which ones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well you asked for a more detailed explanation than just "DDR3". Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 4. Some models run memory at 1333 mhz but not yours. But specified memory module is DDR3-1333:

Memory modules (DDR3 PC3-10600 1333-MHz) 4096-MB 599092-001

This will work but will downclock to 1066 speed:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-VH641AT-4-GB-DDR3-PC3-10600/dp/B0030L3B8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=149218659...

Likely DDR3-1600 will also work but it needs to be low density (8 black blocks on the side, not 4) and it needs to be 1.5 volt not 1.35 volt. And even with that I cannot guarantee DDR3-1600 will actually work. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DimDiesel,

Your PC will support Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 Memory Max.

See here : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02433097

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well you asked for a more detailed explanation than just "DDR3". Here is the Service manual:

Manual

See p. 4. Some models run memory at 1333 mhz but not yours. But specified memory module is DDR3-1333:

Memory modules (DDR3 PC3-10600 1333-MHz) 4096-MB 599092-001

This will work but will downclock to 1066 speed:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-VH641AT-4-GB-DDR3-PC3-10600/dp/B0030L3B8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=149218659...

Likely DDR3-1600 will also work but it needs to be low density (8 black blocks on the side, not 4) and it needs to be 1.5 volt not 1.35 volt. And even with that I cannot guarantee DDR3-1600 will actually work. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. But the question is the frequency (speed) of memory that the motherboard supports.

Can I install a memory with a frequency of 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I added a bit to my answer but your question was actually already answered. The motherboard will run the memory at 1066 mhz. We know that the specified DDR3-1333 will work but will downclock to 1066 mhz in operation. We also believe DDR3-1600 will work with the noted limitations. Most of what you find in retail stores right now is going to be low voltage DDR3-1600 which is not likely to work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.